Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Blanket

About two years before Gloria was born, I fell in love with this blanket from Made.

I knew all of my children needed one. So, in my early pregnancy I took a look at my fabric stash and started to piece one together. Let me tell you, it took FOREVER. To make this blanket, you take three layers of fabric and sew 1inch lines all the way down the blanket over the whole surface. Then you cut 2 of the three layers, each single line you sewed. With all the moving, this blanket almost took me nine months to make, but man was it worth it. Now we have this baby rolling all over the blanket. 

She was much younger in this picture. Maybe about 2 months?
And on the other side?
Bright RED Polka-Dots!

We've used this for tummy time, but I dream of it being the blanket she carries with her EVERYWHERE. What project did you work on for your little ones when you were expecting? Or what projects do you want to start when you are expecting?


No comments:

Post a Comment